Adverbs are terms that modify any one of the annotated following:
- a verb(He drove gradually. — just How did he drive?)
- an adjective (He drove a really fast automobile. — How fast ended up being their automobile?)
- another adverb (She relocated quite gradually along the aisle. — exactly just How gradually did she go?)
Adverbs usually tell when, where, why, or under just exactly exactly what conditions something occurs or occurred. Adverbs usually result in -ly; but, numerous phrases and words perhaps perhaps maybe not closing in -ly serve an adverbial function as well as an ending that is-ly perhaps perhaps not an assurance that a term is an adverb. The words beautiful, lonely, motherly, friendly, neighbourly, for example, are adjectives:
- That lovely woman everyday lives in a friendly neighbourhood.
If a team of terms containing a topic and acts that are verb an adverb (changing the verb of a phrase), it really is called an adverb clause:
- whenever this class is finished, we’re going to your films.
Whenever a team of terms perhaps not containing a topic and acts that are verb an adverb, it really is called an adverbial expression.